The following Aquatics Center policies have been adopted for the safety and enjoyment of our members and guests:
- During Family Swim Hours, children under age 12 are allowed in the pool area when accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or sponsoring member. Please note, a parent, guardian or sponsoring member must be present at the same body of water the children are in at all times. Any child under 12 who cannot continuously swim 25 meters must be directly and actively supervised by a parent, legal guardian or sponsoring member who remains within 10 feet of the child at all times.
- Outside of Family Swim Hours, children under 12 are not allowed in the pool unless they are participating in an organized Life Time program.
- An adult must accompany children ages 12 – 15 years when lifeguards are not on duty. In Pennsylvania, an adult must accompany children under the age of 16 years. In New Jersey, children under 12 years many only swim during Family Swim hours with a parent and children 12 – 15 years may only swim when there is a lifeguard on duty. In Minnesota, children under 12 years many only swim during Family Swim hours with a parent and children 12 – 17 years may only swim when there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Please ensure that there are no more than three children under the supervision of one adult.
- Adults should not swim alone.
- Breath holding games or long underwater swims are not allowed.
- Children three months up to three years of age must wear tight-fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- A full-body soap and water shower is required prior to pool entry. All oils and lotions must be showered off.
- Proper swim attire is required in the pools and/or whirlpools.
- A t-shirt and shorts (or cover-up) and shoes must be worn when exiting the locker room and/or aquatics area to go to other areas of the club.
- Running, wrestling or other rough play is not allowed.
- Inappropriate language or behavior is not allowed.
- Lifeguards and all Aquatics Team Members must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with pool rules, whether written or verbal, may result in removal from the Aquatics Center and/or supervision or revocation of membership.
- If there is lightning or thunder nearby, the outdoor Aquatics facilities will be closed. All members will be asked to clear the outdoor pool until the lightning or thunder has left the immediate area.
- During a tornado warning, the entire pool deck(s) will be closed and everyone will take shelter in the locker rooms.
- Strollers and chairs must be kept four feet from the pool area to ensure adequate visual and physical clearance for the lifeguards.
- Personal flotation devices are allowed as long as they are not inflatable and they attach securely to the body. Lifejackets are provided by the Aquatics Team Members on a first– come, first-serve basis. Please return the lifejackets once you are finished using them. Devices may be used as long as they are not inflatable.
- Bistro food and drink purchases are allowed in the designated outdoor eating area only. No outside food, drink or coolers are allowed at any time, except for clear bottled water. Food and drink is not allowed on the indoor pool deck, except for clear bottled water.
- Glass containers are prohibited in and around the Aquatics Center.
- Swim breaks will be held outdoors every two hours on the even hour during Family Swim Hours. They may be held more frequently if determined necessary. The length of the break is 10 minutes. This provides an opportunity for members and lifeguards to use restrooms, apply sunscreen and rehydrate.
- Small pool toys from home are allowed as long as they are used appropriately.
- Slide users must wait for the lifeguard to provide a "GO" signal before riding. Only one user may be on the slide at a time.
- Slide riders must be a minimum of 42 inches tall and able to swim quickly, confidently and unaided to the exit ladder or under the slide drop-off area rope. In California, Canada, Kansas and New Jersey, riders must be a minimum of 48 inches tall. In Ohio, riders must be 54 inches tall or pass a swim test if between 42 and 54 inches in order to use the slides.
- Users must ride on their back or bottom, feet first, and keep arms and legs inside the slide at all times.
- For safety reasons, standing, stopping, turning, rotating, kneeling and head-first riding is not allowed.
- All eyewear must be removed to prevent damage or loss. Swim goggles may be worn.
- Slide users must walk up the stairs single file. Running, cutting or horseplay are not allowed.
- Slide users must move quickly to the nearest ladder or under the slide drop-off area rope upon exiting the slide.
Lap Pool, Whirlpools, and Cold Plunge Pool:
- The lap pools, whirlpools, and cold plunge pools are for ages 12 and older.
- Please offer to share a lane with a waiting member when the pool is busy.
Pease consult the posted rules at your club in addition to the online listing of rules.