Kicking Off February 8
Spring Spark Challenge
60 days to a new you
Set up healthy habits that will last a lifetime with 60 days of expert fitness instruction, nutrition guidance and a community to rally behind you. Try the challenge out for free at the optional kickoff event on February 8.
Here are some of the tools that are included in your Spring Spark Challenge.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Spring Spark Challenge?
The Spring Spark Challenge is a two-month lifestyle reset designed to help members live a healthier life. By bringing together 60 days of exercise, nutrition and motivational support into one comprehensive program, Spring Spark helps our members establish healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
Why should I join?
A lot of reasons, according to participants. Some use it to jumpstart their fitness and nutrition goals after the holidays, before a big event, or anytime they need a tune up. Others say that while they know what to do to eat healthier and be active, it really helps to have a community of like-minded people to motivate them and keep them accountable.
What does Spring Spark include?
Spring Spark includes everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals:
- Daily workouts including trainer-led sessions every Saturday
- An initial consultation with a trainer to map out your game plan
- Exclusive discounts on personal training, nutrition coaching, metabolic testing, supplements and more
- Daily meal plans along with recipes and grocery lists
- A digital Get Started Guide with information on the program, plus exercise and nutrition tips
- Optional weekly weigh-ins
- Motivational videos to keep you on track and access to virtual coaching
- Fun events only for Spring Spark participants
Do I have to attend the kickoff?
Nope, the Spring Spark Kickoff is an optional event that is free to all members, but if you’re on the fence about signing up, it’s a great way to try the challenge out before registering.
What are the weekly Saturday Sweat Sessions?
Saturday Sweat Sessions are weekly workouts that are led by a Personal Trainer. While your other daily workouts have been designed by a Personal Trainer, it’s up to you to complete the workouts on your own. Saturday Sweat Sessions are a great way to learn how to use strength training equipment you may not be familiar with, get to know other Spring Spark participants and work out weekly with a Personal Trainer.
Do I need to take before and after photos?
You only need to take before and after photos if you want to enter to win one of our grand prizes, which is completely up to you. Here’s how:
- Wear a swimsuit or similar attire
- Stand comfortably with your stomach in a natural position
- Photos should be full or at least ¾ body
- Be sure to take a front, side and back view
- Don’t forget to wear your Spring Spark wristband
How are grand-prize winners chosen?
Winners are selected through a three-step process:
- A Life Time committee narrows down the participants to 5 men and 5 women based on their before and after photos (50%) and essay (50%). The male and female participant with the highest score is each awarded the grand prize.
- The remaining 8 finalists (4 male, 4 female) are then put up to a fan vote that happens April 27–29, 2020. The male and female participant with the most votes is each awarded a fan favorite prize.
- The remaining 6 finalists are each awarded a runner-up prize.
*Please note that stats are no longer included in the judging process.
How do I sign up?
You can register online here, or sign up in person through any Personal Trainer or at the Activities Desk.
I’m already working with a trainer. Should I sign up?
Yes! Our Personal Trainers love it when their clients do the challenge alongside their workouts because it provides extra motivation and consistency for even greater gains.
Can non-Life Time members participate?
Sorry, Spring Spark is exclusively for Life Time members at this time.
What is Kickoff Week?
This week kicks off the challenge with exclusive personal training and nutrition discounts to set you up for success and a complimentary consultation with a Personal Trainer.
What is the progress tracker?
The progress tracker uses two metrics (weight loss and body fat) to track progress over the 60 days. Progress is calculated as a percent change based on your current and starting numbers using the following formula:
(Starting - Current ) / Starting = Percent Change
Weight loss example: (200-180) / 200 = 10% change
In other words, you lost 10% of your starting weight
Body fat example: (40-25) / 40 = 37.5% change
In other words, you lost 37.5% of your starting body fat
The progress tracker is sorted alphabetically by nickname. You can find yourself quickly by entering your name in the search bar.
Why is my progress not showing on the progress tracker?
There are a few reasons why your progress might not be showing on the progress tracker:
- Your nickname may have been entered incorrectly. Ensure that you are typing your nickname without any typos, and that it’s accurate in the progress tracker.
- The progress tracker updates once a week on Sundays at 9:00am CST. If your latest stats are entered after the most recent refresh, they will display the following week.
- Your weigh-in stats may not have been entered yet. All stats have to be manually entered by a Personal Trainer, as the InBody does not communicate with the progress tracker.
I can’t do Spring Spark. Will there be another challenge?
Yes. The Spring Spark Challenge is one of four annual challenges that make up the 60day Challenge Series — one every season. Look for these other challenges coming up soon:
- Summer Sizzle (May–June)
- Fall Hustle (August–September)
- Winter Shred (November–December)
The 60day Challenge Series
The 60day Challenge Series is four distinct challenges — one for every season. Together, they make up a full year of programming designed to support you, and your goals, anytime you’re ready to take your training to the next level.