What added cleaning protocols and social distancing efforts will Life Time be enacting?
In addition to complying with CDC guidelines and governmental orders and guidelines, Life Time is taking extra precautions to help our communities stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices within each of our destinations. For detailed information, please refer to my.lifetime.life/safety.
What days of the week and times, historically, have been the busiest at Life Time clubs?
Please see chart below for average club usage. Information was collected from the past year, including weekdays and weekends.
Can I bring a guest to Life Time upon reopening?
Initially, we will limit access to Members only. We will look to reopen our clubs to guests as we move through our reopening phase. If you would like updates as to when you may again bring a guest to Life Time, please inquire at the front desk.
Will temperature checks be required at my club for members or team members?
Yes. For the health and safety of the entire Life Time community, we are now conducting daily temperature screenings for all members and team members (note that our screening device does not store information). Entry to the club will not be permitted for anyone with a temperature of more than 100 or 100.4 degrees, subject to local government guidelines. Please refer to signage in your club for additional information.
How is Life Time accommodating local government orders for health club capacity? Will I be turned away if the limit is reached?
Member volume is managed at check-in, but due to the expansive square footage of our clubs and our extensive operating hours, we are able to accommodate all member visits. We’ve also added outdoor programming in most locations which allows us to accommodate more socially distanced members. Required group fitness reservations also allows members to reserve their spot in class up to one week in advance. If you'd like to plan your visit ahead, referance the chart above that shows average member usage throughout the day.
What measures is Life Time taking to help ensure proper ventilation throughout the club?
While our clubs already meet or exceed current building code requirements, we are taking additional measures with respect to air quality as follows:
We are adjusting ventilation rates based on occupant density, including bringing more outside air into spaces smaller than 1,600 square feet, such as our group fitness studios.
We are employing MERV 13 filters in select, smaller spaces to filter very small particles out of the air.
We are increasing air circulation duration in our HVAC system in order to improve overall indoor air quality.
These measures supplement other factors that are at least as important, or more important, in mitigating COVID-19-related risks, including enhanced cleaning, social distancing, personal hygiene, and staying home if you are ill.
Introducing Our New Reservation Policy
As part of our club reopening plan, reservations are now required for all studio, cycle, and yoga classes. This will help ensure your safety as we implement smaller class sizes and facilitate safe distancing.
Do I need to make a reservation for studio, cycle and yoga classes?
- To better serve you, all studio, cycle and yoga classes require reservations.
- Reservations can be made for any studio, cycle or yoga class up to 7 days in advance. Reservations may be modified or canceled up to 2 hours prior to the start of class.
- For the safety of our members and Team Members, all class sizes will be temporarily limited to ensure safe distancing between all participants
How do I make a reservation for class?
Here’s how to make a reservation in 5 simple steps:
- Open up the Life Time Digital App or visit my.lifetime.life
- Make sure that you are logged in with your account email and password
- In the Life Time Digital App or on your club page at my.lifetime.life, click on the classes tab to view your club’s schedule
- Navigate to the class you wish to attend and click reserve
- Select your preferred station, click reserve and a confirmation email will follow
What if I need to change or cancel my reservation?
- Changing your station:
- If the class is not full, you may select a new, available station in the Life Time Digital App up to 2 hours prior to the start of class or when you arrive at the studio.
- Modifying Your Reservation:
- In the Life Time Digital App, you can modify or cancel your reservation up to 2 hours prior to the start of class. If you wish to change your station, as long as open spaces remain in class, you may edit your reservation through your profile in the Life Time Member App.
- Canceling your reservation:
- If you no longer plan to attend class, please cancel your reservation at least 2 hours prior to the start of class. If the class is full, your reservation will go to the first person on the waitlist.
What happens once I make my reservation?
- Reminder email
- 24 hours prior to your reserved class, you will receive an email and app notification reminding you of your upcoming reservation. The app notification, if clicked will bring you to your reservation details in the Life Time Digital App. The email will include your station number reserved for class.
- Check in at the front desk
- On the day of your scheduled class, simply arrive at your club and check in at the front desk. This will automatically check you in for your class reservation. Please arrive in your reserved spot by the start of class. If you arrive after class starts, you risk forfeiting your reservation to a member in the standby line.
- If lockers are available, place your belongings in a locker
- No coats, bags or other items will be allowed in the studio.
- Form a standby line outside of the studio
- Doors will open prior to the start of class. If you arrive early, please wait outside the studio.
- Enter the studio and locate your station
- Locate your reserved station using the numbered decals on the floor or on a bike, depending on what class you are attending. There is no need to pick up any equipment or towels; everything you will need for class will be properly cleaned and set up for you at your reserved station.
- Remember your station
- If you forgot the number on your station, either refer to the screenshot you took of your confirmation email or open the Life Time Digital App and select View My Reservations.
Can I leave the studio during class?
Yes. Please use a sanitizing wipe to open the door on your way out and on your way back in. Sanitizing wipes will be located at the entrance/exit of each studio to help keep our spaces clean.
What happens after class is over?
- Leave your equipment at your station so that it can be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the next class
- Take your towels and any belongings you brought in with you
- Avoid congregating in the studio since we will need to clean and sanitize the entire studio before the next class.
Can I attend class if I didn’t make a reservation?
We cannot guarantee space availability for any class. Open spaces that remain at the start of class will be given to a first come, first served bases to members waiting in the standby line.
I want to stand next to my friend. Can I reserve a spot for them too?
- You are only able to reserve one spot per member
- TIP: Set an alarm to remind yourself to reserve a spot for your favorite classes up to 7 days in advance. If you and a friend would like to be near each other in class, encourage them to set a reminder as well.
If I run late for class, can my friend save my spot?
Due to limited class sizes, all reservations for class will be held until the start of class. If a spot is vacant upon the beginning of class, it will be given to someone in the standby line.
Can I use my own yoga mat during class?
Yes. You can either place your mat on top of the mat set out for class, or gently roll it up and set it off to the side.
What happens if I miss my reservation?
In consideration of members on waiting lists and to allow other members to join us in class, 3 missed reservations in 30 days or less will temporarily suspend your ability to make a reservation for 7 days.
How do I reserve a spot in the Child Center and Kids Academy for my child?
Here’s how to make a reservation in 5 simple steps:
- Open up the Life Time Member App or visit my.lifetime.life
- Ensure that you are logged in with your account email and password
- In the Life Time Member App or on your club page at my.lifetime.life, click on the classes tab to view your club’s schedule
- Navigate to the class you wish your child to attend and click reserve
- Select the child or children you would like to attend the class
What measures is Life Time taking to help ensure safety on the fitness floor?
- We will maintain proper distancing between pieces of cardio equipment by using markers to identify which machines are temporarily unavailable
- Floor labels to mark spots on the free weight floor, functional floor and stretching floor to indicate appropriate Member spacing
- Numerous cleaning stations throughout the fitness floor for thorough cleaning of equipment before and after use
- Numerous hand sanitization stations also provided
How is social distancing being practiced in the locker rooms?
- To practice social distancing, some lockers may be unavailable. We are requesting that no more than 4 Members be in the same locker bay at once
- Every other shower and sink will be available (if shower availability is permitted at your club based on governmental orders and guidelines)
What other measures is Life Time taking to help ensure safety in the locker rooms?
- Frequent sanitization of shared surfaces using EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants
- Temporarily removing hair dryers and toiletries to help minimize exposure to shared surfaces
- Deep cleaning of all surfaces overnight using EPA-registered disinfectants
Will the sauna, steam room and whirlpool be available?
- These areas may be made temporarily unavailable based on governmental orders and guidelines
- Once available, max capacity usage in the locker room for whirlpools, steam rooms and saunas may temporarily be limited to 4 people or fewer
- Refer to signage at your club for direction
Will the LifeCafe open immediately?
The LifeCafe will operate in varying states of availability in accordance with governmental orders and guidelines related to restaurant operation. In the early phases of reopening, Grab-N-Go may be the only option available, with the full menu, app orders and dine-in options returning later.
Is the retail area available?
Upon reopening, the retail area will be temporarily limited, but we anticipate offering bars, bottled water and other beverages for purchase.
What measures are you taking to help ensure safety in the LifeCafe?
- Scheduled disinfecting all surfaces every 30 minutes, including all high-touch points
- Team Members will wear gloves for all transactions and masks if required by governmental guidance
- Installing a sneeze guard at every register
- Creating a designated order pickup zone for each order
- Restricting dining area seating to allow for social distancing